Something is new with Lüm!

First - update to the latest version of the Lüm app! Second - enjoy some awesome new features!

We heard your feedback from the Member Forum and released a number of new features on August 10th (all at no extra cost to you). Learn more at https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/65

Caller ID Not Working

dgs348
dgs348 Posts: 4 Lüm Member

Hi all,

My caller ID stopped working yesterday (perhaps the day before). My membership renewed at about the same time. Not sure what the problem is.

Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 60 Lüm Member

Hi,

Please raise a ticket in your Lum account. Someone should be able to take a look into what the issue is.

• MHubs
    MHubs Posts: 5 Lüm Member

This is also happening to us. We will raise a ticket but sounds like it might be a widespread issue.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 175 Lüm Admin

Hi MHubs,

We're looking into the call display issue right now. I'll update this post when we hear back.

• MHubs
    MHubs Posts: 5 Lüm Member

Any solution forthcoming for you, dgs348?

• Lost on line
    Lost on line Posts: 3 Lüm Member

I am experiencing the same problem

• Lüm Mobile

Just waiting on a fix. Should go in overnight or tomorrow morning.

• Lüm Mobile

Update: Engineers are still working on this. I'll update as soon as I know more.

• Bduke23
    Bduke23 Posts: 1 Lüm Member

Has there been any resolution to this? It is really affecting my ability to do my business without knowing who is calling or being able to call back.

• Lüm Mobile

We now have Tier 3 Engineers involved. Sorry for the inconvenience but I promise that we're working with the right people to get this fixed.

• paulg
    paulg Posts: 4 Lüm Member

Thank you for working on this. A lot of people are affected by this

• Lüm Mobile

Just received an update from my Engineering department. They believe they know what's causing it and are running traces for the rest of the day to make sure they're correct. This should mean that the fix will be in place tomorrow.

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 3 Lüm Member

Thanks for the frequent updates on this issue. I wasn’t sure why caller ID suddenly disappeared and thought it was a YouMail issue. Hopefully it’s resolved very soon. Cheers

Tim

• ALewis
    ALewis Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Was this the same problem that was effecting incoming calls? I had to restart my phone but could not receive calls yesterday. Did anyone else have that problem?

• Lüm Mobile

@ALewis this was related to VoLTE but not totally related to the call display issue. This problem is only affecting non-VoLTE devices.

• Lüm Mobile

Our Engineers attempted a fix but ran into issues. They're attempting another solution in the next few days to fix all non-VoLTE customers. Unfortunately we have to wait a few more days for sign off from the design teams before a permanent fix is in place.

We don't want to revert anything back, because anyone roaming in the U.S. on a VoLTE device would lose their ability to call. I'm sorry the fix didn't work but we're still working hard to get this fixed as soon as possible.

• Basilpaul
    Basilpaul Posts: 4 Lüm Member

This is really disappointing that I cant see or trace the calls I missed. Its been a week now. Previously nobody was able to call me for a day.

• dgs348
    dgs348 Posts: 4 Lüm Member

@Lum_Mobile What is the latest update on this issue?

• Lüm Mobile

Our Engineers opened a ticket with Cisco and were working on this all day. I'm hoping to get a better update tomorrow morning and will update this post when I do.

• Lüm Mobile

Our Engineers continue to work with our vendor to fix this. I've escalated and am in constant contact with them as we continue to work on it. Thank you for everyone's patience as we figure this out.

• Member.forum.nickname
    Member.forum.nickname Posts: 2 Lüm Member

I am a new customer and am also not getting caller ID. Any updates? Thanks!

• Pete

Honestly, this is getting to be more than a little inconvenience. The issue is going on two weeks and while I don’t get a lot of calls, I do get calls for business. Being able to distinguish the difference between a business call and some marketing garbage call is important to my daily routine. If this isn’t resolved this week, are there any alternatives? Can I switch over to VoLTE and get caller ID? I’m open to suggestions.

• Lüm Mobile

Yes it looks like your phone is VoLTE capable @Pete. If you turn on VoLTE and make sure your operating system is up to date, it should work for you.

• Lüm Mobile

Is anyone available to test this right now? We're trying a fix.

• 6b65
    6b65 Posts: 7 Lüm Member

I can test with you.

• Lüm Mobile

@6b65 thanks! I'll call you in a bit when they're done their work.

• paulg

I'll test anytime you want

• Pete

Me too for testing. Just contact me. Thanks

• Lüm Mobile

Apologies... I spoke too soon. They have testing setup for 8AM tomorrow. Would someone be ready around that time?

• paulg

I'm available for tomorrow at 8am

• 6b65
    6b65 Posts: 7 Lüm Member

I'd also be available after 8am for testing.