Something is new with Lüm!

First - update to the latest version of the Lüm app! Second - enjoy some awesome new features!

We heard your feedback from the Member Forum and released a number of new features on August 10th (all at no extra cost to you). Learn more at https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/65

Why does my iPhone keep notifying me that “Your SIM sent a text message”

donm
donm Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Hi there,

I keep receiving a notification on my Apple Watch and iPhone that “important carrier message - unlock iPhone to see message” and when I open my iPhone a carrier screen pops up saying “(Primary) Your SIM sent a text message.” With cancel or accept on the bottom of the screen. The message disappears quickly afterwards. It has been doing this for the past few days / week. I have never seen this happen before.

Best Answer

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 175 Lüm Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi there,

This looks like your SIM is trying to update it's carrier settings but isn't working. Try these steps:

1. Restart your iPhone.
    2. Check for Carrier Settings Update in Settings>General>About. If a message prompt appears reading Carrier Settings Update, click on Update and then restart your iPhone.
    3. Reset your Network Settings (Warning: This will forget any Wi-Fi passwords you have saved)
    4. Remove and re-insert your SIM card.

If that doesn't work, let me know and we'll send you a new SIM.

Answers

• donm
    donm Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Looks like it solved the problem for a few days. But just received the message again on two Lum SIM cards this afternoon.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 175 Lüm Admin

Two iPhones? The occasional phone having this is one thing, but two at the same time could be something else.

• KiwiCanon
    KiwiCanon Posts: 2 Lüm Member

My wife and I are experiencing the same problem with our iPhones.

• KDL462
    KDL462 Posts: 4 Lüm Member

My wife and I are experiencing the exact same thing. We get the message daily. I think this may be a bigger issue.

it doesn’t seem to impact anything on either of our devices. One is an iPhone 13 pro the other is an iPhone 13 max pro.

• ALewis
    ALewis Posts: 2 Lüm Member

I’ve also been getting this message for the last week or so if there have been any further updates!

• Hackity
    Hackity Posts: 1 Lüm Member
    edited August 2

Same here - getting it basically once a night at around 2 AM. Using an iPhone 13 pro max.