Something is new with Lüm!

First - update to the latest version of the Lüm app! Second - enjoy some awesome new features!

We heard your feedback from the Member Forum and released a number of new features on August 10th (all at no extra cost to you). Learn more at https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/65

Wi-Fi Calling

6b65
6b65 Posts: 7 Lüm Member

I don't see any information on this, and I hope it's coming soon, but I think Wi-Fi Calling would really add to the value of services with Lum Mobile. I know SaskTel just launched it for iPhone, with Android presumably coming soon, so hopefully Lum Mobile isn't far behind.

14 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 60 Lüm Member

Wi-Fi calling and eSim should be essential for a digital-first carrier for sure.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 175 Lüm Admin

VoLTE implementation is our current project and our Engineering team's first priority at the moment!

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 1 Lüm Member

+1 to get WiFi calling on the roadmap (Android and IPhone) . I think it is especially helpful where cell coverage may be spotty or non-existent (rural, basements, campgrounds, etc) but WiFi is avaliable and reliable.

• mgabe
    mgabe Posts: 1 Lüm Member

I’ll add a +1 to this as well.

• Luhnk
    Luhnk Posts: 2 Lüm Member

+1 from a guy in a basement

• mrkyle
    mrkyle Posts: 11 Lüm Member

+1! I would be a massive fan of this

• Lost on line
    Lost on line Posts: 3 Lüm Member

Any idea when wifi calling will be available?

• Lüm Mobile

First step is VoLTE and then we’ll see where we go from there!

• Lost on line
    Lost on line Posts: 3 Lüm Member

Any timeline on first step?

• tnm
    tnm Posts: 1 Lüm Member

I would like to see this feature added to Lum as well.

• KiwiCanon
    KiwiCanon Posts: 2 Lüm Member

My iPhone cellular settings invite me to turn WiFi Calling on by callling Sasktel which I did but the nice man said, “No, Lüm is not yet offering such a thing.” This, when I could not make or receive cellular calls because of the network being down and when I’d just paid for an annual plan. A mistake, I wonder?

• Lüm Mobile
    edited July 22

Unfortunately VoWiFi would also be down since it uses similar technology to VoLTE. They've fixed the Regina server issue and calls should be working now.

We're investigating how difficult it would be to add VoWiFi since it's obviously one of the top things people have been posting about. Hoping to have an update on it soon!