Lüm Mobile is a digital only wireless service (the "Service") that gives customers access to Lüm’s wireless network to make and receive calls, send and receive text messages, and use data. These are the Lüm Mobile terms of service. Customers can manage their own account by purchasing memberships and then data as needed. Use of the Service requires payment in advance.
“Us”, “we”, “our” or "Lüm” means Lüm Mobile; “you” or “your” means the person purchasing wireless service from Lüm Mobile.
- Included in your membership is:
- the option to purchase Canada Data for calling, messaging and data service in Canada, and Travel Data for roaming in the United States ("U.S."), and Mexico (see Service Area and Coverage Details for exclusions),
- moving your existing phone number from another provider or establish a new number
- service activation with no additional charge,
- one SIM card with your first membership,
- access to the Lüm Member Forum for support,
- unlimited incoming text (SMS) message, and
- calling features including Call Display and access to Call Forwarding (universal/busy/no answer), Call Waiting, and Three-way calling.
- Membership purchase does not include data.
- You must purchase Canada Data with your first membership purchase.
- You must accept these terms before purchasing a membership.
- See lum.ca/plan for membership options.
- Memberships auto-renew with current in market pricing to help you avoid losing your data balance. You can opt-out of membership auto-renewal in your myLüm account. Your payment card details are kept in your account for future purchases; however, it is your responsibility to ensure that payment card information is kept up to date.
- If your membership expires, your account will be suspended and you’ll lose access to wireless services through Lüm. You’ll need to renew your membership to access your data and resume your service.
- If you cancel your membership at anytime, or if your membership is expired for 60 days, the following will automatically occur:
- your myLüm account will be terminated.
- you will not be able to use any services,
- your purchased data will be forfeited; and
- your wireless phone number will be forfeited.
- If you move your phone number to another provider, your membership will be cancelled, you will lose your myLüm account, and your purchased data will be forfeited.
- Only customers with an active membership can purchase and use data or other add-ons.
- There is a 15 day trial period for new memberships that starts on the date of activation. If a membership is cancelled during the 15 day trial period, a full refund for the membership fee, 9-1-1 fees, taxes and the Talk & Text add-on will be provided. There is no refund for Canada or Travel Data that has been purchased. After the trial period, memberships can be cancelled at anytime, but no refunds will be provided. If you have self-declared as a person with a disability, your trial period is 30 days.
- Your payment information is saved in your account for future purchases so anyone with your password can purchase memberships or data on your behalf and you specifically agree to those purchases. You are responsible for use of your account and all purchases made through it. Share your password only with those permitted to make purchases on your behalf. You agree that Lüm has no liability of any kind relating to your use of your myLüm account or the use of anyone whom you allow to use your account.
- Memberships are non-transferrable and are for use by the person who opened the account, or their immediate family only.
- The membership fee does not include 9-1-1 fees or taxes.
- Once you create an account you have 15 days to purchase a membership. After 15 days, the account will be deleted if a membership has not been purchased.
Eligibility for Service
- Customers must reside in Saskatchewan and have a billing and shipping address within the province to sign up for the Service.
- You must bring your own phone. Lüm Mobile is not responsible for the setup, operation, or maintenance of your phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that your phone is compatible with our network and that it complies with the rules and regulations of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED). Lüm Mobile provides no warranty or promise of any kind for your phone. To check your phone eligibility, go to lum.ca/bringphone.
- If at any time during your membership with Lüm you cease to meet the eligibility requirements specific to the Service to which you are subscribed, then Lüm Mobile may alter your service, up to and including termination, to bring your Service into compliance with your eligibility. Lüm will notify you when such a change has been made.
- Your phone and its software must meet minimum Lüm network standards. Our network standards will be updated sometimes, and you may no longer be able to use the service without upgrading your software or device.
Use and Data Charges
- Once you have a membership, you need to purchase Canadian Data, the Talk and Text add-on and/or Travel Data to make phone calls, send messages and use data services. When you talk, send a text message or use data, the applicable data cost is deducted from your data balance unless you have the Talk and Text add-on.
- Your data balance does not expire while you have an active membership, but once a membership expires, any data remaining expires 60 days after your membership end date. You cannot use data that you’ve purchased without an active membership. When you renew your membership - any data you have in your balance will carry over.
- When you are getting close to using up your data, we will send you a notification (unless you chose to opt-out of the notification). If you run out of data, you will not be able to use any services. You will need to recharge your data balance to resume your Service. If you have the Talk and Text add-on you can still make and receive calls and texts. If you run out of data, 9-1-1 calls can still be made.
- File attachments such as pictures and video sent through a text messaging app are converted to Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and are not considered text messages (SMS). MMS messages are deducted from your data balance. Your phone may covert other messages to MMS as well.
- Sent and received text messages have a character limit that will vary according to the customer's phone. This limit automatically includes the sender's return address, which may vary in length. Messages longer than the character limit will be split and charged as multiple messages.
- Lüm Mobile attempts to deliver text messages for up to twenty-four (24) hours. If the recipient's phone is off or unreachable for longer than 24 hours, the message is deleted from the Lüm Mobile system and not delivered.
- Partial minutes are rounded up to full minutes
- Data purchases cannot be transferred to another customer
- Auto-recharge can be turned on in your myLüm account to automatically purchase data for you when your balance is close to running out or based on a schedule that you create.
- If you have data set to auto-recharge, it will automatically purchase data the current in-market rate.
- When you talk, send a text message, or use data while in Canada, the applicable data amount is deducted from your data balance as follows:
- You can purchase Travel Data to roam in the U.S. and Mexico where service is available. Data purchased for Canada cannot be used in the U.S. and Mexico. Customers must purchase Travel Data to use service in these countries. Travel Data:
- may only be used outside of Canada
- cannot be transferred to the Canada data balance; and
- is non-refundable
- Every time you talk, send a message, or use data, the applicable cost is deducted from your Travel Data balance. Outgoing text messages are deducted from the data balance at a rate of 1 MB per message. All incoming and outgoing voice calls are deducted from the data balance at a rate of 1 MB per minute. MMS messages are deducted from the data balance based on the actual size of the picture or video.
- The Talk & Text add-on does not include calls made and messages sent while roaming outside of Canada.
- Travel Data cannot be set to auto-pay.
- If you purchase $100 in Travel Data in any 30-day period, you will be required to consent to purchases over $100.
Talk & Text Add-on (Optional)
- The Talk & Text add-on includes unlimited outgoing calls and messages while you are in Canada to Canada and the U.S. It also includes incoming calls and text messages while you are in Canada from Canada and the U.S.. The Talk & Text add-on does not include calls made and messages sent while roaming outside of Canada. Picture and video messages (MMS) are not included in the Talk & Text add-on. The talk and text add on will automatically renew when the membership auto-renews, and you will be charged the current in-market rate. You can cancel the Talk & Text Add-on anytime but it will not be refunded.
Linking with Lüm lets you add other members onto your myLüm account, so you can manage multiple accounts from one place. You can decide if the linked account has access to manage their service in their myLüm account and who is responsible for paying for charges on the linked account.
- Linking with other members does not mean you share or pool data and memberships – everyone still purchases and uses their own membership and data.
- If a linked account is given access to myLüm, the primary account will not receive any notifications on behalf of the linked member. If a linked account does not have access to their myLüm account, the primary account will receive email notifications on behalf of the linked member.
- If a payment card is not added for a linked account, all purchases will be charged to the primary account payment card. The primary account is accountable for all purchases made by the linked account.
- You can remove a linked member from your account at any time. This does not cancel the member’s service.
- If you allow your account to be linked, the primary account that linked you will always have full access to your myLüm account and the ability to:
- Make purchases for your account
- Make changes to your membership, add-ons and auto-pay
- Pause or cancel your service
- Change notification settings
- View your usage records (calls, texts, data sessions)
- View your personal information & purchase history
- Remove your myLüm access
- If you allow your account to be linked, the primary account that linked you can remove your access to myLüm. Only the primary account holder can reestablish your myLüm access.
9-1-1 Service, Fees, and Emergency Alerts
- 9-1-1 Emergency service is available where network connectivity is available in Canada. You must provide your location and call back number as these details are not automatically available to 9-1-1 service operators. 9-1-1 may not always work, and you agree that Lüm is not responsible if it doesn’t.
- A 9-1-1 fee applies to all memberships purchased for Lüm Mobile. The fee is an amount we must pay to the 9-1-1 service operator for 9-1-1 to work on your phone. This fee will be charged in addition to the membership fee whenever a membership is purchased. The 9-1-1 fee is charged for the total number of months that the membership is valid. If a membership is cancelled with more than a month remaining, the unused 9-1-1 fee will be refunded back to the payment card on the account.
- We are not responsible for the operation of public alerting systems, including the Alert Ready System. We do not control the content, timing and/or who can receive messages. See alertready.ca/wireless for current alerts and further details.
Service Area & Coverage Details
- You can use the Service within Lüm’s coverage areas in Saskatchewan or areas served by companies with whom we have roaming agreements in the rest of Canada.
- You can call and text numbers in Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. You cannot receive international calls and text messages from countries other than Canada, the U.S., and Mexico. The U.S. includes Alaska, Hawaii and the country of Guam. All other U.S. territories and holdings are excluded.
- Roaming is available in the U.S. and Mexico where Lüm has agreements with roaming partners. Coverage areas, and the connectivity in these areas, will depend on the availability of network facilities which is subject to change from time to time, without notice.
- The services of Lüm or any other carrier are provided on an as-is/as-available basis and without guarantee or warranty for the performance, availability, coverage, uninterrupted use, security or operation of such services.
- Where you roam on any other wireless carrier’s network, you have no relationship with the roaming carrier and they have no obligation to you. They are not responsible for any problems you might experience while roaming and that you won’t make any claims of any kind against anyone as a result of roaming.
- The types of services available for your use while roaming are dependent on the services made available by the other carrier on their network and the specific terms of the roaming agreement in place between Lüm and the carrier. Unless you opt out, you will receive notification from us when you use your Service outside of Canada, providing you with information about roaming rates for that country.
Managing your myLüm account
- Visit myLüm or download the myLüm mobile app to access and manage your myLüm account, add data, view your data balance, create or cancel auto-pay, view payment history, and manage your notifications.
- Your myLüm registration is not transferable. Your registration and account have no expiry date unless terminated by you or by Lüm. Use of your account after it has been terminated is illegal and fraudulent.
- Lüm reserves the right to cancel your account and your right to access myLüm if Lüm suspects or determines your use is fraudulent, interferes with the use of the Website by others, or is for an unlawful or illegal purpose or otherwise contravenes any applicable law or regulation
- Your sole and exclusive remedy for any dispute or claim you may have resulting from your use of myLüm is to terminate your account.
- You may review, correct, update or cancel your myLüm account at anytime by logging in to myLüm. You agree that Lüm may retain all information related to your myLüm account for a reasonable period of time after your account is terminated for the purpose of administering your account.
- By accepting this Agreement you expressly agree that any communication respecting any aspect of your myLüm account, use of our website (subject to the Websiter Terms and Conditions), the service, or promotions (including information on new products, special offers, newsletters) may be sent to you by Lüm through email or by any other means of communication. You can opt out of receiving Lüm promotional communications at any time.
- If you opt out of service notifications, you will not receive important updates about your data balance, renewals, expiring memberships, or other factors that could affect your ability to use the service.
Service & Support
- Lüm is a digital only service. Help is available online through help articles, the Lüm Member Forum and the 24/7 virtual assistant chat, Lümbot. Lüm does not offer call centre or in-person support. No sales, service, or support are available from SaskTel or SaskTel Authorized Dealers.
- If you are having performance issues with the Service visit lum.ca/help.
Fair and Appropriate Use
You can only use Lüm Mobile services for your own individual use, with compatible devices and in compliance with the law. You also agree not to:
- use the service for resale of any kind;
- use the service for sending threats or obscene material, harassment, or invading privacy;
- compromise the security of or interfere with the Service in any manner;
- use the service in any way that adversely impacts network capacity or that may significantly negatively affect other Lüm Mobile customers or the service;
- engage in any activity on the Lüm Mobile or partner networks that is seen as excessive or malicious, as solely determined by Lüm Mobile.
- use lost or stolen devices to access the service;
- You agree that sending or making mass and/or unsolicited texts or calls using Lum whether for advertising or other purposes is prohibited. Lüm will not attempt to mediate or otherwise become involved in any particular argument or dispute between users of the Service. Lüm will co-operate with appropriate law enforcement agencies involved in investigating instances that may be reported to such authorities by users of the Service who believe they are being subject to unlawful harassment or other criminal activity.
- You agree not to threaten, abuse or harass any Lüm Mobile customer representative and understand that your membership will be terminated without refund where abuse has been found.
- Lüm Mobile services are meant to be used primarily within Saskatchewan. If more than half of your data usage on an ongoing basis is occurring outside of Saskatchewan, Lüm Mobile reserves the right to limit your data speeds, the amount of data transferred, deny, suspend or terminate the service or any part, component or feature thereof, without notice, to anyone believed to be using any Lüm Mobile provided wireless service or feature in any manner that adversely impacts Lüm Mobile.
Network Operation, Details & Limitations
- The Lüm Mobile network has been designed in accordance with industry standard specifications to be secure, we offer no warranty, representation or promise of any kind either that the Service will remain uninterrupted or that the Service is secure or will not be breached. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement your own security measures while using the Service.
- You receive access to our full network, including all of the latest technology that we’ve deployed. Speeds are limited by environmental factors including tower locations, distance from cell sites, network congestion, tower hand-offs, and device used. Be careful, we don’t throttle your speeds.
- You agree to follow all rules, regulations and policies governing the use of the Service. Lüm Mobile may update or change these rules from time to time, and it's your responsibility to understand and follow the current policies, rules, and regulations.
- When using the Service, including data sessions, you will follow all applicable laws and any Service rules adopted by us from time to time addressing such things as safe driving and health and safety guidelines. You can only use the Service for customary voice, messaging and wireless data service. Such customary use does not include any application or use which degrades or interferes with our ability to provide services, including the Service, to others, as we determine.
- You can move the phone number you are using to another service provider but you don’t own the phone number.
- If you leave Lüm and don’t move the number you use to another provider within the allotted time frame, we have the right to assign that number to another customer. Customers don’t have any rights to telephone numbers used by them even if the number is in the phone book.
- We may, after giving you at least thirty days’ notice, change any phone number without liability where we have reasonable grounds for changing a number and give you reasonable advance notice stating the reason for and the anticipated date of the change, or in cases of emergency, give the customer verbal notice, which must be followed by a written explanation as soon as possible.
Changes to the Terms of Service
- We have the right to change the terms of service without notice. It is your responsibility to review these Terms of Service from time to time to check for any amendments to these Terms of Service. By using the service after a change is made, you accept and agree to and are bound by the current version of these Terms of Service. We may change rates for memberships and plans without notice effective immediately.
- Any one or more of the following is considered an event of deafult and may results in the cancellation of your service:
- if you fail to perform or observe any obligation we described above; or
- if supplied any incorrect or incomplete information in connection with the Service; or
- if you use the Service we provide in a manner that negatively affects our network or any other customer in any way whatsoever; or
- if you are in breach of the terms of any of our policies that apply to the Service.
- If you are in default, or if you are in breach our Fair and Appropriate Use terms, we reserve the right to suspend your account and to stop selling future services to you and retain amounts paid by you to us.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnity
If any person makes a claim against Lüm in connection with use of our service or of any device on your account, you will indemnify us against any loss or expense that we may incur, including any judgment made against us.
None of the limitations of liability stated apply in cases of deliberate fault, gross negligance or anti-competitive conduct on the part of Lüm Mobile or in cases of breach of contract where the breach results from our gross negligance.
Lüm Mobile is not responsible for:
- Libel, slander, defamation or the infringement of copyright arising from material or messages transmitted from your property or premises or recorded by your equipment or Lüm Mobile's equipment;
- Damages arising out of your act, default, neglect or omission in the use or operation of equipment provided by Lüm Mobile;
- Damages arising out of the transmission of material or messages over Lüm Mobile networks on your behalf, which is in any way unlawful; or
- Any act, omission or negligence of other companies or telecommunications systems in relation to the provision of the service to you, when the facilities of such other companies or telecommunications systems are used to establish connections to or from facilities and equipment controlled by you. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Lüm Mobile will not liable to you or to any other person for any damages or expenses (including loss of profits, loss of earnings, loss of business opportunities, loss of data, economic losss or other similar loss, or punitive damages) arising out of or in connection with the use or failure of the service, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, and whether claimed in contract, tort or otherwise.
You acknowledge and agree that there is some content accessible through the Service that may be offensive to you or a user of your Service, or that may not be in compliance with applicable law. For example, it is possible to obtain access to content that is pornographic, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate or offensive, particularly for children. We assume no responsibility for and exercise no control over the content accessible through the Service. You agree that all content you and your end users access and use with the Service is at your and their own risk. We are not liable for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits or proceedings arising out of or otherwise relating to your and/ or your end users access to such content.
- Lüm Mobile is not a monthly billed service and a monthly invoice is not provided. Receipts for purchases are available in Purchase History in your myLüm account.
- If your phone is lost or stolen, you can suspend data use in you myLüm account. Your membership period will continue to run but your phone will not be able to make calls, texts, or use data.
- You can request to have your contact information (name, phone number and address) listed in the Mysask411 Directory by contacting Directwest at 1-800-667-8201. We are not responsible for removing your listing from the directory if your Service is cancelled, nor are we are liable for damages arising from errors or omissions in a listing. To edit or cancel your listing, phone Directwest.
- A valid email address is required to be a Lüm customer. We will deliver the following to you electronically:
- a copy of these Terms of Service;
- purchase confirmation and receipts;
- follow-up information regarding your service;
- other service-impacting information; and
- offers and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- You can manage your notification preferences in your myLüm account at any time.
- The following policies apply to the Lüm Mobile Service and can be found at the locations indicated below:
- Understanding Wireless 9-1-1 Limitations and Safety: lum.ca/911
- CRTC Wireless Code: lum.ca/wirelesscode
- Lüm Mobile Wireless Coverage: lum.ca/coverage
- Lüm Mobile Member Forum Terms of Service: lum.ca/terms
- Lüm Mobile Website Terms and Conditions: lum.ca/terms
- If there is conflict between these Terms of Service and the above referenced documents, these Terms of Service will govern.
- Pricing on the Lüm website does not include applicable taxes such as GST and PST.
- If you dispute payments or data deductions, you have to contact us within 30 days of the payment date or data was deducted from balance. If you don’t contact us, the charges and data deductions have been accepted by you.
- This Terms and Conditions are in all respects governed by and will be interpreted in accordance with the law of the Province of Saskatchewan.
- If any part of these Terms of Service is unenforceable, that part will be struck and the remainder of the agreement shall remain in effect.