Port Number from TextNow

Options
H-Man
H-Man Posts: 306 Lüm Super User

I would like to port in my number from TextNow app. It is a 306 Saskatchewan phone number.

I have all the information required from TextNow to port the number over. What is the procedure for doing this, as they have advised me that:

"Please note that your new carrier will need to process the port as a landline to wireless port, and/or submit port manually through their porting team."

I have got the account number and pin needed to port over the number. Please advise.

P.S. I will be receiving my Lum sim card on ~1st of March.

Thank you.

Comments

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 368 Lüm Admin
    Options

Thanks for reaching out. I can check which dropdown you'd select when you port-in. Please raise a ticket and I'll get some information from you to make the process easier.

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 306 Lüm Super User
    edited March 2022
    Options

Since this is a public forum. I would like to make a post to help others if they would also like to port their number over from TextNow.

Requirements:

·      Number must be a local Saskatchewan number in an area where SaskTel Wireless provides service. You can check here (https://wetmore.ca/TelephonePrefixes.pl?A=306)

·      From everything I have read online you need to be a paid TextNow subscriber for at least a few months to port the number out

·      Contact TextNow at porting@textnow.com to request the port information

o  Before sending out the request, update your name in the TextNow app to be the same as the one in the Lum Account

o  Wait for TextNow to respond. They will give you the name on the account, account number (usually your phone number like 1306xxxzzzz), and your account pin (Not needed for porting to Lum)

How to port:

·      For porting, select Landline to Wireless port in your Lum account.

·      Select ‘IRISTEL’ for your previous provider

·      Enter the phone number you are porting

That’s all the steps. It takes 2 days for landline to wireless ports. So hang tight. Once your port goes through you will receive an email at which point you can insert your sim in the phone and hit the activate button in your Lum account.

Even after activating it can take several hours or up to a day for all calling/texting features to work.