Export Usage

H-Man
H-Man Posts: 291 Lüm Super User

It would be a cool idea to be able to export your usage data as a excel or CSV file.

3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 360 Lüm Admin

Sure! I'll mention it to the rest of the team.

• med103
    med103 Posts: 2 Lüm Member

I'd also like to export my usage data. Is there an option to do this yet?

• Lüm Mobile

There is not an option. It is something I can let our design team know that we had a request for it.

• Zaid.Ahmed
    Zaid.Ahmed Posts: 1 Lüm Member

It would help to have a data export functionality OOOR a reliable user interface that can show the user how much data has been consumed during - say for example - the past 30 days. Right now the feature is there to select a timeframe but scrolling down the data consumption history log is unreliable (URL = https://mylum.lum.ca/#/portal/AlepoISP/widget/usage-history). Alepo ISP billing system should do a better job. Right now it is not possible for the user to figure out how the data got consumed during September 2023.

• LC
    LC Posts: 2 Lüm Member

I'm a new user - just moved over from Koodo. I had the ability to download usage as a CSV file from their platform.

The discussion in this thread is over a year old. Has this been implemented yet for Lum Mobile. It is something I will definitely miss if it's not available.

• H-Man
  • Lüm Mobile

Hi all,

Can you tell me a little bit more about your request? Could you please specify the exact requirements for the downloaded file? What is the intended use case for the download, and how do you plan to utilize the information? Currently, our usage charts serve informational purposes only and are segmented in 5MB increments for user-friendliness, leading to occasional confusion.

In envisioning the ideal state for data usage display, do you prioritize accuracy or ease of use? Additionally, are there any specific data you'd like to see in the downloaded file? Are you aware of how data sessions work? Will this cause confusion for the average user?

Furthermore, I'd like to understand whether you are familiar with any apps that track data usage and if you are currently using such tools. Are these providing the information you need as an alternate?

There was some work done to the usage displays in the past to try and address some concerns however fully understanding your preferences and requirements will help us evolve.

If there are limitations to what can be achieved, identifying which aspects are more critical will assist in delivering a solution that best suits your needs. If you can let me know as much detail as possible this will assist in exploring what could be delivered.

Thanks,

Lüm Support

• H-Man

Hi @Lum_Mobile,

It would be good to have a way to export usage, including Data, Calls and Texts.

For Data, daily data usage would be sufficient for me, for calls and texts it would be good to see them broken down by each call/text made in a day to different numbers.

It would be good to have this information as it can be useful to see your usage over a period of time (weekly, monthly, yearly etc). It is also good to keep track of calls made and received. Data usage can be broken down into daily usage or shown as hourly sessions. It would be good to be able to export this information as a CSV or excel file.

I currently use glasswire on android for tracking my data usage.

• LC
    LC Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Thank you for following up on this.

When I was with Koodo I was able to download usage in .csv format. These are the data fields that were included in the download:

• Date/Time
    • Usage Type
    • Duration (for phone calls)
    • Data Usage
    • Originating Phone Number
    • Destination Phone Number

I found the information to be quite useful. Many users wouldn't even bother with this but if you like numbers and data analysis it is great, especially if you are trying to compare the offerings of various service providers. I believe that Koodo allowed you to download up to 3 months of data. One year would be better.

• mcra
    mcra Posts: 1 Lüm Member

Hello Lum Mobile,

Are you working on an implementation for this request? I too would really like to see this. It was a feature I used on Koodo that I'm missing here.

• Lüm Mobile

Hi all! Yes we are actively looking into different ways this can be done. It may need to be a redesign of the app which would take some time however, it is on our priority lists.

Thanks,

Lüm Support