Why isn't my internet working when off wifi??

mrkyle
mrkyle Posts: 18 Lüm Member

Hi there, I had the same issue as another user I see. I went through all the steps to activate my SIM card approx 4/5 hours ago and I still have no service. My phone has the correct carrier attached to it now and on myLum profile, it says my SIM card is active. I've restarted my phone, toggled on/off airplane mode, and toggled on/off cellular data. I can make phone calls it seems, but mobile data isn't working. When I go off of WiFi, I have no internet connection. Please help

Best Answer

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 360 Lüm Admin
    Answer ✓

So long story short, 5A is the correct setting. We used to use 5B but during VoLTE testing (coming soon) we determined device vendors would only support the 5A setting. I've updated the document to reflect that. Great catch Kyle!

Answers

• Lüm Mobile

Can you check your APN settings? Link here: https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/7-lu%CC%88m-network-settings-apn

• mrkyle

I tried to add the APN as per the instructions, but it doesn't save. Then I tried modifying the Sasktel APN and when I hit save, the Sasktel APN disappeared

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 291 Lüm Super User

Do you have an Android Phone or iPhone?

If you are on an android phone, in order to save the APN settings, you have to tap the 3 dots in the top right corner and hit save.

Alternatively, you can also try tapping the 3 dots in the screen where it gives you the option to add new APN profiles. It should give you an option to Reset to default. For me it defaults to the SaskTel APN.

Do report back if any of these solutions worked for you ☺️

• mrkyle

Hi therei did that, I did hit save. That didn't work. I did then got reset and now I see no APNs at all.

This is on an Android

• mrkyle

Ok so I tried setting it up again but with the final option my phone has been defaulting to 5A, so I left it at that and it seemed to work. With WiFi off I can now browse the web

• Lüm Mobile

Glad to hear it's working at least. I'll ask my network guys why it's setting you to 5A instead of 5B.

• mrkyle

Sounds good, thanks!

My phone won't even save it if I enter 5B

• mrkyle

Glad to help!!

One unrelated question, when I ported my number to Lum, did that automatically cancel my old plan? I can no longer log into my old provider account to confirm and they don't have people I can can into.

• Lüm Mobile

Yes it does. The information you entered validates the port-out and cancels your old account automatically.

• mrkyle

Ok great, thank you again!