I’m in Arizona with iPhone XR. I have a gigabyte of US data. I can’t make or receive phone calls. Ne

Paulie
Paulie Posts: 6 Lüm Member

I can’t make or receive phone calls in US. AT&T is shown on my network selection and I am connected to tower. All updates were done. Data roaming is on. Please help. Been two days already

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 291 Lüm Super User

Hi,

Please make sure you have VoLTE turned on in your phone settings.

• Paulie

VoLTE is on. Voice and data is on LTE. Low data mode is off.

• H-Man

Have you purchased a U.S data package? Is it just calls that are not working for you?

• Paulie

I have one gigabyte of US data which hasn’t gone down one bit. In wifi I can access internet and use apps but phone won’t do calls. Says call failed immediately.

• H-Man

I'd try to toggle airplane mode a few times. Also toggle VoLTE. Lastly, you can try and manually connect to t mobile instead. See if that works better.

• Paulie

I’ve toggled both. When I manually force T-mobile on it disappears when I go back and nothing works. Lum is now asking me to reset my network settings which I don’t really want to do but I think I have to at this point. Thanks for your input

• Paulie

I reset network settings and toggled everything but still can’t make or receive voice calls.

• KDL462
    KDL462 Posts: 8 Lüm Member

Is there a Lum Admin that can chime in here? I am going to Florida in early January and I want to be assured that I will have full use of my iPhone when I am down there if I purchase US data.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 360 Lüm Admin

We're investigating this issue with our programmers. We have 58 customers that have used services in the US and Mexico in the last 7 days and only 1 customer has reported an issue. We've also tested with devices that have access to US nodes and confirmed they can make phone calls as well.

• KDL462
    KDL462 Posts: 8 Lüm Member

Great, thank you Lum Admin. You folks are always very diligent in resolving issues for your subscribers.

• Paulie

This morning Lum contacted me. They did something at their end and got me to remove and reinsert my SIM card and all is working fine now!

• Lüm Mobile

We are glad that your issue has been fixed!

Thanks.

• PinkyQC
    PinkyQC Posts: 4 Lüm Member

I am in Phoenix area too, can’t use the data, so disappointing.

• H-Man

@PinkyQC

Do you have service? Is your data roaming turned on? Please provide more information if you can.

• PinkyQC

Yes I turn on the data and roaming, even i tried to remove and put the sim card again. still not connecting. i don't have any problem with receiving and sending text and call, only data usage is the problem- can not connect the internet. please help. i changed my cell service before leaving to USA for winter time, it's been already two weeks passed. HELP!

• Lüm Mobile

Do you have VoLTE turned on? Also which provider does it show at the top of your phone?

• PinkyQC

Yes VoLTE is on. AT&T , I tried to changed to T mobile, still not working.

• PinkyQC

Lum support team asked me reset the network settings, now it’s working. Thanks for your help!