Roaming outside North America?

Options
CamaroClay
CamaroClay Posts: 1 Lüm Member
edited February 7 in Community Help

Just looking for confirmation on what I believe I have read.

-The Lum sim will provide no communication(text/talk) to/from Panama.

-I will need to purchase a sim card from a local supplier to connect to a network.

If anyone out there has other solutions I am open to hearing them!

Thanks,

Clay

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 306 Lüm Super User
    Options

Your Lüm sim will NOT connect to any network in Panama.

In this case, you can get a Canadian VoIP Phone number through an app like TextNow or Fongo. These apps give you a free Canadian phone number that work via the internet. You can forward your Lüm mobile phone number to one of these VoIP numbers and continue to receive calls in Panama when you are connected to WiFi or get a local sim card with a data connection.

You still won't be able to receive text messages on your Lüm number but can send and receive messages on the VoIP app.

For a sim card in Panama, you can get an esim for your phone if your phone supports it and purchase a package through Airalo app. They sell cheap Data-only packages that you can purchase before leaving Canada and the esim will download on your phone. So you don't even need a physical sim card.

Hope that helps.

• Jrg446
    Jrg446 Posts: 1 Lüm Member
    Options

Just want to confirm, it won’t “accidentally” connect to another network and charge roaming fees? I realize it won’t work but don’t want a surprise bill. Debating whether I should just pull the SIM card out and leave at home, or if I am safe (only plan on using wifi with this phone)

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 368 Lüm Admin
    Options

Unless you have US or Mexico data, it will not connect. You will be safe, I promise!