Changing the Membership Term

Options
PB
PB Posts: 3 Lüm Member

My 1 year Lüm membership expired last month. Presently, I need membership only for 3 months but when I tried to renew my membership for 3 months I was told “No plans available". 

I raised the ticket and got the reply as:

“Hello there, Due to our current limitations, the business grade to downgrade from 1 year to 3 month membership plan is not supported, not even if the account is set to be expired. For now, the only option is to renew for a 1 year membership manually with the same plan. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks, Lum Mobile”

Here is what the Lüm website says:

"Lüm offers 3-month and 1-year memberships. You will need to wait until your active membership reaches its end date before renewing with a different membership term."

I am not prepared to pay for whole year term which I do not need.

I was not expecting such an evasive reply from Lüm. Also, Lüm says the issue is “Resolved” which clearly is not.

Comments

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 369 Lüm Admin
    Options

Hi there,

Currently if a membership expires, the ability to change from a 1 year to 3 months (or vice versa) isn't possible. The website is basically stating that if you pay for 1 year and want to switch to a 3 month within the year, it's not possible. We understand the frustration from the system limitation and are attempting to escalate it to our programmers as a change request. Will update your ticket with more information once we have it.

Also, the ticket state of "Resolved" has been updated to "In Progress".

Thanks.

• PB
    Options

I am not trying to change the membership within the year before expiry. My membership has expired already. I want renew for three months, that's all.

According to your reply, once a customer gets a one-year term, it is never possible to change the duration of membership from one year to 3 months even after the expiry of current term. If it is so, it should be clearly mentioned in the website. Why is the "Change" and "Now" buttons are there on membership renewal page?

I am not willing to pay for whole year because I will not get refund even if, after the renewal, I can reduce the term to 3 months.

• Lüm Mobile
    Options

Sorry if that didn't make sense, it's possible to set your membership to change to a 3 month at any time during your 1 year, and it will convert to the 3 month once the 1 year is done. We haven't ran into this problem because most customers renew their accounts before their service is expired or purchased the same membership. If someone's account expires, then the system only allows it to re-activate with the same membership term. It's definitely a limitation but we have escalated the request for this to be fixed and are hoping to get more information about it soon.

• PB
    Options

It is now 24 days since my trouble-ticket and the issue is not resolved. I still can't renew my membership for three months at a time. I can't understand why it is taking so long to make a simple change. Are Lum programmers even trying??

Because my membership has expired, I am just like a new member. If a new member can choose 3-month membership term why I cannot?

Will Lum allow me to keep my current SIM card, current phone number and all purchased data if I buy a new membership?

• Lüm Mobile
    Options

Hi there,

Unfortunately this is not a simple change. It would be great if it was, since we would have loved this at launch. We've chatted with them again today and I'll update you in your ticket.