sim activation not working

Options
Lum
Lum Posts: 7 Lüm Member

Using my SaskTel sim card that is currently on a prepaid plan and trying to switch to LUM. Paid for membership and all that. Selected sim activation and enteres Sim number and it says "entered number is not available to use". What now?

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 304 Lüm Super User
    Options

Correct me if I am wrong. Are you putting in your SaskTel sim card number?

Did you receive a sim card from Lum?

• Lum
    Options

I am inputting number on the back of the sim card. No I did not get it from lum. It is an active sim card from SaskTel that was being used on a prepaid plan but decided to switch to lum

• H-Man
    Options

You need a new SIM card from Lum to activate your new service. If you didn't already order one, you need to go into your Lum account and order a Lum sim card. SaskTel sim card will not work.

So double check your email and invoices to ensure that you didn't already order a sim card when you signed up.

You are asked a question if you already have a lum sim card... If you picked YES, you need to go back into your account, under settings go to:

Buy and Manage -> buy data and more -> select sik card and order a sim card.

You need this sim card to activate your new service with lum. It can take a few days to arrive by mail to your address on file.

• Lum
    Options

Will I be credit the $10 for the sim card because the first card is free?

• H-Man
    Options

I would advise you to order the sim card for now and then 'Raise a Ticket' in your Lum account for the refund and I think it should be refunded.

• Weezie
    Weezie Posts: 7 Lüm Member
    Options

Got my Lum SIM card today. Installed and activated it. Still no phone service. Went into Lum app tonight and it is saying to reactivate SIM card. ?? What now?? No phone service.