My number has been spoofed

Options
kkoskie
kkoskie Posts: 1 Lüm Member

My friend sent me a text telling me she got a call from my number asking for her visa details. Obviously, I didn't do this. What should I do now?

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 303 Lüm Super User
    Options

Is your Lum service working still? if so, that means your Lum service might not have been compromised. As that would require a sim to be spoofed and that would mean your service would have disconnected. But if your phone is still working, it means someone has spoofed your number in some other way. Unfortunately, spammers/scammers have found ways of utilizing technology to spoof caller IDs in a way that would show someone else's phone number.

Could you confirm if your phone is still working?

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 366 Lüm Admin
    Options

Hi, I did some research on this subject and the best resource I found was, https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/telemarketing/identit.htm Take a look and see what you think.

If you find the issue continues, there is a way to change your phone number in myLüm.

• Open the "Update Profile" option under the menu on the left side of myLüm.
    • On the "Update Profile" page the "Change Phone Number" option is at the bottom.
    • Open up "Change Phone Number", you will have to sign in again to access the option, then once it opened, you will see the options to choose a new phone number or to use one that you already have.