MMS and Video Messaging Charges

Options
Behrfeet
Behrfeet Posts: 5 Lüm Member
edited February 7 in Community Help

Hi,

I see that it says that MMS and Video messages are not included with the Talk and Text Add-on. Can you still send MMS and Video messages? And if you can will it just use up your data unless you are connected via WiFi?

Thanks!

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 304 Lüm Super User
    Options

Hello,

Data will be used regardless if you're connected to wifi or not. As MMS messages are sent over the cellular network.

• Behrfeet
    Behrfeet Posts: 5 Lüm Member
    Options

I appreciate your response H-man. But just to clarify ... MMS and Video Text messages can be sent over the Lüm network without restriction? Correct?

And if so then if you are connected to a WiFi network then you will not use up any of the data that you purchased thru Lüm - in other words - available and free. However if you are not connected to WiFi any MMS and Video messages will use the data purchased thru Lüm. Am I understanding this correctly?

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 304 Lüm Super User
    Options

Firstly, YES you can send MMS over Lüm's network.

It WILL use your Lüm data regardless if you're connected to wifi or not. Even when you're connected to WiFi, the MMS message is still sent over Lüm's network in the background. So data will be deducted from your Lüm data bucket.

Hope that clarifies things.