Expired SIM cards today !

Options
9544 Posts: 5 Lüm Member
edited February 7 in Community Help

Both SIM cards on my phone and my wife's phone expired today Nov 24/23. Our membership renewals are in June and August. I wasn't aware the SIM cards also need renewing. No notice . Do we both need to apply for new SIM cards?

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Options

Sim cards do not expire. Where are you getting this information from?

Options

Went into Buy &Manage, then under My Purchases went to SIM card. Says SIM card is Active. On my phone it says started June 14/22 , auto -renew No, Expires on 24-Nov-2023. My wife's phone says started 24-Nov-2023 , auto renew No, Expires on 24-Nov-2023. Earlier today we both did a Lum update and now my phone only boots to the first Blue LUM Mobile screen, then a white screen until it times out. I uninstalled the LUM program and reinstalled it. Same thing again. Any ideas would help. Thanks....

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    edited November 2023
    Options

You don't need to worry about that date. Sim card will not expire as long you have active service.

For your app, I would recommend uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

Options

Glad to hear the Sim card doesn't expire. I'll uninstall and re-install the program again. Thanks for the info!

• Melvin
    Melvin Posts: 5 Lüm Member
    Options

LUM people: If our membership is current and the SIM card does not expire, please remove the Sim Card expiry date from your instructions. That is super confusing.