What Happens to our phone number after membership lapses?

Options
Aroch
Aroch Posts: 3 Lüm Member
edited February 7 in Community Help

So I've had this phone number for like 2 decades and ported it over. I am thinking of letting my membership lapse in 34 days and not renewing because I'm canceling my Access rural wifi and thought I will just give Maple wifi a try and run my phone and everything off that for a bit. ( just use a skype / voip number or something). They have no contract so if I'm not satisfied I will maybe try starlink or something else. Figure I am hotspotting right now off LUM when Access is lousy anyway I might as well just swap all my stuff to try that for the time being and see how well it does. I just need to know if my number will be lost or not because everyone and their dog knows it and it would be a pain to get a new one if I lost it. It's on business cards and website and everything too, costs to update it

Best Answer

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Answer ✓
    Options

As per your terms of service....

• If you cancel your membership at any time, or if your membership is expired for 60 days, the following will automatically occur:

o your myLüm account will be terminated;

o you will not be able to use any services;

o your purchased data will be forfeited; and

o your wireless phone number will be forfeited.

Answers

• Aroch
    Aroch Posts: 3 Lüm Member
    Options

I don't really care if my number is offline for a bit, and I will see if I can port it to the other if I like that service, just curious how long they let it stay in limbo. Really I'm the only and original owner of that number anyway haha. It's an old Fido rogers number from well 2000/2001 ish

• Howard
    Howard Posts: 1 Lüm Member
    Options

We have not cancelled our membership and believed it was active. For the last 2 months we have been in the USA and able to use text and internet. On arriving back to Canada we receive a letter from LUM saying they have cancelled our membership!!! How can I check on this? We still have text and internet but no phone service!!!

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Options

Any reason for why membership was cancelled?