LUM requests in app for me to give SaskTel permission to port

Options
Bigd
Bigd Posts: 3 Lüm Member

I get a text from Sasktel suggesting that they need a "YES" reply to port to LUM. I assume the disconnect will happen when I put the new LUM sim in the phone. Xmas eve my phone goes dead and SaskTel has disconnected me. A call to SaskTel is futile as they tell me to deal with my new provider.

Here I am XMas day with no phone and no staff on the other end to restore my service. No mail service to deliver my new Sim. Thanks a lot LUM and Sasktel for making this a hastle. Seems I have to sit and wait for a mailman with a sim card. Ridiculous, there has to be a better way to give port permission.

Comments

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Options

You should have already received your sim card prior to porting your number over to Lum? Unless you picked the eSim option. You should double check if your phone allows for esim. In that case you may not need a physical sim.

If SaskTel has disconnected your service that is a sign that your number has been successfully ported over to Lum but how you did that without a sim card is still unclear...

So double check if you can install the esim and activate the service right away.

In the Lum mobile app, click on the profile icon in the top right hand corner, select the Switch Your Phone option and follow the steps there to install your esim if your phone supports it.

• Bigd
    Bigd Posts: 3 Lüm Member
    Options

Thanks for your assistance, it is working fine now.