I cannot reply to text messages sent to me from any android phone.

Options
Shan
Shan Posts: 3 Lüm Member
edited February 7 in Community Help

New Lum member, I have an iPhone XR iOS 14.8.1 and I cannot reply to messages sent to me from any android phone. I can receive messages but cannot reply (in both group text messages as well as 1-1). I have them switched to 'Secondary', I can call out and receive calls from the android users. I have re-booted my phone. I switched on/off airplane mode. Help :)

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    edited December 2023
    Options

Make sure mms messaging and group messaging is enabled in the iPhone settings like shown below.

Secondly, make sure your phone is up to date and there aren't any new carrier updates...

• Shan
    Options

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have them all enabled (but I toggled to disabled/ enabled and re-booted again) but still unable to send a message to my daughter. My phone has all the updates but maybe because I have an older model....?

• H-Man
    Options

Older model should still work as long as it is compatible with the network. Also make sure you're not sending it as an imessage. If your daughter had an iPhone in the past, you need to disassociate it from her iMessage account.

• Shan
    Options

My daughter has always had an android, so I shouldn't have to disassociate it, correct? I can't text any android phone, and they would have been long time android users. I'm stumped, and a bit frustrated. At least I can still call them...

• H-Man
    Options

Raise a ticket in your Lüm account so they can look into it for you.