Bring second line across and still use refer a friend?

Options
jrider01
jrider01 Posts: 1 Lüm Member

I'm a new member of Lum for a few weeks now, came from another carrier.

My wife has her phone with the same carrier I was with - thinking of brining her number over to Lum as well. But both our phones/plans were under my name, address, payment ,etc.

Would I be able to bring her over, still use my existing Lum account to add her new account under my name - and have both numbers under my one account? Just wanting to use the "refer a friend" discount to bring her over - but would show my name on this account coming over - not sure it would work? Or would be a new account under her name with Lum and I'd have two accounts with Lum for both our numbers/plans under my name? Thanks.

Best Answer

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Answer ✓
    Options

Each account must be set up separately. They will have individual data and membership as well. You can take advantage of the referral by entering your referral code at the time of setting up the account for your wife. I don't think the name on the account matters.

You can just refer yourself on the second line. Once your wife's account is set up you can then go into your lum account and link it with her account. This would allow you to make changes to her account but note that she would still have her own membership and data bucket. Those cannot be shared across accounts.

Hope that helps!