Can’t Receive Incoming Calls or trouble ticket

Options
GWilly
GWilly Posts: 4 Lüm Member
edited February 26 in Community Help

Hello.Once again I am not receiving any phone calls. It either goes straight to voicemail or says ‘call rejected’. And I can’t even access the call forwarding settings in the Lum app now. It either says ‘this service is not available’ or it lets me enter the voicemail number but then produces an error saying something went wrong’. This is becoming a regular problem.

Comments

• GWilly
    Options

In addition, I can’t access the main Lum website or submit a troubleshooting ticket through the app.

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Options

Hello,

Have you tried restarting your phone? Have you tried calling different numbers? Are you in a week signal spot?

• GWilly
    Options

No, no weak signals or anything like that. The app isn’t connecting properly to the server so just to get here I have to close and reopen the app several times. Can’t log in or access this or main Lum site from any device even on wifi.

Since the app won’t connect properly, I cannot access the call forward settings to make changes either. All my incoming calls go straight to voicemail. I lost calling out ability momentarily but after several reboots, I can at least do that again. Texts still work in and out oddly enough. This is becoming a regular issue with Lum. And each time it happens, it suddenly starts working again for no apparent reason so the root issue is never fixed.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 364 Lüm Admin
    Options

Hi @GWilly, we do have a ticket for you nd do see your last message this morning. We will continue to work with you through your ticket.

Thanks,

Lüm Support

• GWilly
    Options

In all fairness to Lum, it appears there are a couple of issues happening at the same time. One of which is directly related to my phone. After trying almost everything I could think of, I stumbled upon the main culprit for calls not coming in. My phone has no Volte settings at all but does have a feature called ‘wifi calling’ which I’ve never used or even had turned on but, for some reason, flipping it in and off fixes the incoming call problem. For some reason, this problem cropped up about once a month but since figuring this out, I’ve had to do this 2 or 3 times per day to keep calls working properly.

It’s a nuisance since there is no way to tell it’s creating a problem unless someone can tell you their calls aren’t getting through. I wish I could find some way to permanently disable this setting and will likely have to contact the manufacturer for suggestions.

The other issues with the site, etc are being looked at by Lum support and both them and I are at a loss ad to why it effects every device I have, multiple different browsers, and operating systems. It’s very weird.

I do appreciate the support from Lum as they do definitely try to resolve every issue in a timely manner and they are certainly not at fault for weird quirks of my phone. Thanks guys.

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User
    Options

@GWilly glad you got it all sorted. Lüm did enable wifi calling a month or so ago. That lines up with what you're describing. The feature only works on fully compatible devices.