Outbound Calls Slow To Connect

Hambo
Hambo Posts: 3 Lüm Member

Over the past month or so when I go to make outbound calls I notice my device takes quite a long time before the call connects and starts ringing - usually around 10-15 seconds. Wondering if anyone else has run into this and if there's a fix or any config I can check? I'm using a Pixel 7 purchased directly from Google.

Answers

• DevanG
    DevanG Posts: 3 Lüm Member

I have this same problem. It's been several months for me now. Doesn't matter if it's local or long distance, takes a long time to connect where it didn't before. I have a Galaxy S22

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 324 Lüm Super User

Do you have VoLTE enabled and working? Does it happen with every number or just some phone numbers?

• DevanG
    DevanG Posts: 3 Lüm Member

Looks like voLTE is permanently enabled on these 2 phones mentioned. For me it's happend with every number, whether a 1-800 number or a local or long distance.

• Hambo

I actually don't seem to have VoLTE support for Lum on my device. According to https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/69 only Pixel 8 is supported.

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 324 Lüm Super User

Lack of VoLTE can cause some delays as you're switching between networks to connect phone calls. But it could also have to do with your signal strength and also the person you're calling.

• Hambo
    edited March 22

Ah, I see - calls do seem to be falling back to HSPA which would explain the delay. I did do some further looking at the service menu on my device and did confirm that VoLTE is provisioned and enabled which does make me wonder why it's failing back to HSPA to make a call.

• Edit - I should also mention for testing I'm simply calling 611, though the issue seems to be with every number I dial.