Other competitors offering tempting deals.

JeffK
JeffK Posts: 10 Lüm Member

I’ve been getting quite a few calls from Telus, Rogers etc.. in the last few months offering some pretty cheap plans lately on there budget companies plans(Fido, Koodo etc, ) like 50gb a month , and also advertising on social media. Plans for 25-35 dollars a month for that much data. Just wondering if perhaps you’re charging a bit too much for your data when other companies are offering such better deals now. I can’t see your company increasing many customers unless you start making changes to your data prices.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 323 Lüm Super User

Plans have become competitive in the last year or so there's no doubt about that. However I'd just advise you to be wary that many of these offers are usually 'bait and switch' type deals with prices going up few months after signing up.

Ultimately, everyone's situation will be different. You're always only better off paying for the service you can actually fully utilize. Wireless providers try to tempt you by offering more data for few dollars even though you'll never actually use that much data in a month.

• JeffK
    JeffK Posts: 10 Lüm Member

Yeah, I agree there’s no point paying for data you know you’ll never use, but it’s pretty hard to use less than 100mb a day unless you never use your phone outside your house not on wifi. So I would think 3gb a month is the minimum, if you look at PC mobile or No Frills mobile, they have plans that offer 5gb a month for 24 bucks a month or 25gb a month for $29 with voicemail and call waiting etc… lum ends up being more expensive. It’s too bad, I like Lum but it’s not economical to stay with them anymore

• H-Man

This is good feedback.

@Lum Marketing

• Toontownkid3326
    Toontownkid3326 Posts: 2 Lüm Member

I just received my “new” fee to renew my membership for another year. The new fee is $249.71. I have read the policy description and no where does it mention the fee structure. It states that the amount includes membership and other applicable fees. So I am wondering where the extra $69.71 ($249.71-180) goes. And an itemized list of the fees. I want to ensure I am paying the proper taxes and I feel it’s deceitful not to fully explain the extra cost. Looking forward to anyone that can explain this amount. Thanks

• H-Man
    edited April 24

Membership = $180

911 Fees = ~25

= $205 + 11% tax = $227.55. Do you have any other services included in there? i.e. partial voicemail charge?

Once the actual charge goes through, the receipt does outline all the charges line by line.

@Lüm Mobile please look into this

• Toontownkid3326
    Toontownkid3326 Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Thanks so much for the explanation. I’m used to seeing an itemized charge before paying my bill. I can only guess what the $22.16 is. I have been using call forwarding so I’m not sure if that’s an additional billing service. I don’t mind paying my bill as long as I know what it’s for beforehand. Again thank you for your quick response. I do like LUM. I’ve been very satisfied so far.

• H-Man

Call forwarding is included in the membership fee.

• Lüm-Mobile
    Lüm-Mobile Posts: 386 Lüm Admin

Hello Toontownkid3326

Thanks for your question. An itemized bill is provided once the payment has been completed.

To protect your privacy and security, if you would like a breakdown beforehand, please Raise a trouble ticket.

Thanks, Lüm Support

• dml55
    dml55 Posts: 4 Lüm Member

Membership price doesn't make sense when even SaskTel offers $10/month for unlimited messages, $5/month more for 100 minutes talk time.

• Lüm Support
    Lüm Support Posts: 4 Lüm Admin

Hello dml55

Lüm membership gives you access to buy data that never expires at great rates on a trusted network. 
    Plus you get everything you need to get your service up and running at no extra cost- your SIM card, activation and phone number (new or bring your own).
    Some providers charge for the SIM and up to $50 for activation fees alone.

Thanks, Lum Support