Issues porting over from Public Mobile

RedBeans
RedBeans Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Hello, I have setup my account and received my sim card. When I go to activate it, I get through the prompts and receive and email from Public Mobile welcoming me and advising my I will be recieving a two factor authentication text prior to the port happening. I do not recieve any text. Has this happened to anyone else?

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User

Just to clarify, you have your Public Sim in the phone still? Also, is the number currently active with Public?

• RedBeans
    RedBeans Posts: 2 Lüm Member
    edited May 2022

Hi H-man. You are correct on both counts.

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User

Transferring Your Public Mobile Number To Another Service Provider

To help protect our customers from fraud, Public Mobile will send you an SMS text message should we receive a request to transfer your mobile phone number to another carrier. This step is designed to protect your account by confirming if the request is genuine or fraudulent.

The SMS text will read as follows: Public Mobile message: We’ve received a request to transfer this phone number to another service provider. To approve this request, please reply “Yes”. If you did not request this transfer, please reply “No”. Please note that you must respond within 90 minutes. If we don’t receive a response within this time, the request will be automatically cancelled. For any issues with this number transfer, contact our Porting Team. Thank you.

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

Please follow the steps outlined above. If you are still not receiving a text then raise a ticket with Public Mobile. Good luck.