Call Forwarding Features

Options
Robert Newman
Robert Newman Posts: 2 Lüm Member

It would be great if there is more explanation on the differences between "Call Forward Universal, Call Forward All and Call Forward Conditional Only.

Also, under Call Forward No Answer, the website says I can add "sec" of rings before the call is forwarded. However, this feature doesn't work on my phone. How do I deter "sec" on the phone? Is "04" mean four seconds? Or do I use "4' for four seconds? 

https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/59-call-forwarding-star-codes

Answers

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 361 Lüm Admin
    edited February 2022
    Options

I'll update the answer with more details. The best recommendation is to use Call Forward Universal. This covers all the other scenarios and is typical with other carriers.

Call forward busy: When you're on another call, any new call will be forwarded to your voicemail or other number.

Call forward no answer: When you don't pick up the call.

Call forward unreachable: No network coverage or your phone is off.

Call forward all: All calls will be sent to voicemail or the forwarded number.

Call forward conditional: Only forwards when conditions such as busy, no answer, and unreachable are met. Very similar to universal.

For Call Forward No Answer, the default is 3 rings, so if you'd like it to be less or more, you'd type *61*3061234567**20#. If you want to just use the default, it would be *61*3061234567#.

• Robert Newman
    Robert Newman Posts: 2 Lüm Member
    Options

Hi again,

A Call Forward No Answer follow-up question, if I want to be less, do I change **4# to **2#?

I guess "4" or "2" mean seconds. Thank you so much for your help.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 361 Lüm Admin
    Options

You would multiple it by 5. So 4 rings should be 20 seconds, etc. I've updated the answer above to reflect that example.