Something is new with Lüm!

First - update to the latest version of the Lüm app! Second - enjoy some awesome new features!

We heard your feedback from the Member Forum and released a number of new features on August 10th (all at no extra cost to you). Learn more at https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/65

Youmail problems?

turdflinger
turdflinger Posts: 2 Lüm Member
edited April 7 in Help

I was using you mail for months without issue and I recently got the popup from the youmail app that there's an 'improved' access number for lum mobile (quotes are theirs). I ran through the activation and it timed out, then their test failed, now youmail is broken for me. I tried to deactivate with ##004# and run thei activation a few times with no success. I'm on iOS. The activation number appears to have been:

*004*6105285502#

Is this a known problem?

Comments

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 175 Lüm Admin

Hi Mr Flinger,

If you call that exact number (*004*6105285502#), does it activate it? Sometimes using the exact star codes is what works instead of directly through YouMail. Also make sure you’re off Wi-Fi! Let me know if that works.

• turdflinger
    turdflinger Posts: 2 Lüm Member

That appears to have worked. I thought I tried that previously (and may actually have), but it was successful this time, kind of looks like an issue with their app (or something specific to my phone).

Thanks for your help.

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 175 Lüm Admin

No problem! The more customers on YouMail, the more they change their access number. It should change to a 306 or 639 number in the near future.

• JeffK
    JeffK Posts: 5 Lüm Member

I had the same issue, and indeed the suggestion worked for me as well. When you get to the activate part of setting up YouMail, just call that number first, don’t go through the YouMail test call yet, after you call then the try a confirm activation and it should be up and running.

• Emilee
    Emilee Posts: 2 Lüm Member

Directly dialing the activation number worked for me! I was getting so frustrated trying to do it through YouMail.

• oxyjen
    oxyjen Posts: 1 Lüm Member

Thanks for the suggestion! I was having the same issue trying to set up YouMail, and dialing the activation code worked for me too.

Just to clarify for anyone who needs it - if YouMail gave you the number 306-123-4567, then your activation code is: *004*3061234567#