Voicemail offering?

Kal
Kal Posts: 4 Lüm Member

How about a voicemail offering like mini-mail or enhanced voicemail? This seems to be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 360 Lüm Admin

Thanks for the suggestion Kal. There are free voicemail platforms that work with our service (YouMail for example), but we know some people are used to the old way.

We'll still keep this suggestion open since people voting on it may spark the backend team to reconsider voicemail add-ons.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie Posts: 4 Lüm Member

I just started using YouMail with my Lum service and it works great! Far better than any voicemail platform I've used in the past. I wouldn't go back!

• DrJeckyll
    DrJeckyll Posts: 2 Lüm Member

How did you get it setup?

Mine refuses to verify saying it can't connect.

Callers get the voicemail box but the app says they hung up...

• Lüm Mobile

It shows you're forwarding to their mailbox properly. Try restarting the phone and disconnecting from Wi-Fi to connect again. https://support.youmail.com/hc/en-us/articles/115006563727

• RandoGuy32
    RandoGuy32 Posts: 2 Lüm Member

I've been having issues as well with Youmail. I have chatted with their support but they are saying there is an issue with my carrier's "conditional call forwarding". Not sure what more I can try but apparently other people have got it to work.

I tried restarting and no wifi and all that.

• Lüm Mobile

I created an FAQ on how to activate or deactivate some of the call forwarding options you have. Take a look at them here: https://help.lum.ca/kb/articles/59-call-forwarding-star-codes

You can check the status of any of them and try turning them on if you want. If you think you screwed up, just use the code to deactivate it.

• RandoGuy32
    RandoGuy32 Posts: 2 Lüm Member

So I got it working for my phone now so if someone else is having troubles you can try this.

I switched my carrier in the app from Lum Mobile to Sasktel and it works now.

• SRobman
    SRobman Posts: 1 Lüm Member

If I had paid more attention and noticed that Lum didn't come with voice mail, I probably would have reconsidered signing up. I think adding in voice mail may be valuable for you.

• Stokd
    Stokd Posts: 4 Lüm Member

Finally got it working! A couple of months ago I was getting errors with the MMI code. On the other hand it was kind of nice not having to delete spam voicemails since none could be left.