Unable to make or receive calls in USA

Bodani1
Bodani1 Posts: 1 Lüm Member

I am in USA and have purchased USA data to use my phone here but I am not able to use it. I have turned on roaming. Is there any other setting in my phone that I need to change?

Answers

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User

Sorry to hear that your service isn't working in USA.

I believe you are affected by the recent 3G network shutdown in USA by AT&T which won't allow you to make or receive calls.

See below for more information:

Alternatively, you can use third party apps (WhatsApp, Google duo, FaceTime etc) to keep connected. You can also use third party apps that give you a phone number and allow you make and receive calls via mobile internet. You can forward all you Lüm calls to the temporary number and that way you will continue to receive calls via the internet. You can use apps like Fongo or TextNow.

The service in USA requires VoLTE technology to be enabled. That is something that many Canadian Carriers are working on still to make it work on AT&Ts network.

Hope that helps and good luck.

• Bodani
    Bodani Posts: 3 Lüm Member

As per this article, changing the network mode to 3G should enable the calling. It shows TMobile but can't connect.

• H-Man
    H-Man Posts: 302 Lüm Super User

Changing to 3g might've been a temporary solution; however, after the complete shutdown of the network (Feb 22) calling cannot be guaranteed while in the US.