Voicemail App Youmail

pamg10
pamg10 Posts: 1 Lüm Member

Hi, I just switched to Lum a week ago and im trying to get youmail to work so i have voicemail. I downloaded the app and when I go to register it says my device needs a working phone number and that no Sim card has been detected on my phone. I have tried restarting my phone and that hasnt helped. When i go to youmails help page it doesnt even show Lum mobile as being a supported carrier (although i saw on lums frequently asked questions that they mentioned youmail as an option). Has anyone else had this happen and figure out how to get it working? Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• CJElli91
    CJElli91 Posts: 6 Lüm Member

I'm experiencing the same issue over here.

I have rebooted, toggled airplane mode and used a SIM card reader to see that "the number is stored on the carrier's central server, not on the SIM card".

Is there anything else I should try?

• Lüm Mobile
    Lüm Mobile Posts: 360 Lüm Admin

Hi there,

We've found that it can sometimes take a few days for it to start working. SIM replacements don't seem to have any effect and by the time the user gets the replacement, the old one has started working.

• CJElli91

Great!

Thanks!

We will wait and see.

• Chino
    Chino Posts: 1 Lüm Member

Any updates from users waiting to activate their you mail and having success?

I am having the same issue with Youmail not being able to detect my SIM.

• CJElli91

Hey Chino...

Like the LUM member said above.. It just took a couple of days for my number to load to the SIM.

That said, callers don't hear my greeting when connected to YouMail.