If you are receiving voicemails but don't subscribe to voicemail, Apple iOS 17 and up has a feature called Live Voicemail which is on by default.
This feature works differently than traditional voicemail.
- It does not answer calls all the time (for example, when you're out of service, the phone is in airplane mode, or you're on a call)
- There is no option to customize the greeting (after setting it up the first time)
- It does not work with call forward busy or if the phone is off
- You can't access this type of voice mail from any other phone or online
- It's only available in English
To Turn Live Voicemail On or Off:
- Open the Settings app, then tap Phone.
- Tap Live Voicemail.
- Turn Live Voicemail on or off.
To learn more about the Live Voicemail feature, see Use Live Voicemail on your iPhone.
🚩If you decide to turn off Live Voicemail, be sure to delete all messages first. If you don't delete Live Voicemail messages, you might keep getting message notifications, even after turning off this feature.
If you subscribe to Lüm voice mail and you leave the Live Voicemail feature on:
- If your phone is on, connected to the network, and you're not on a call, incoming calls will automatically go to Live Voicemail
- You'll see the live transcript of the message your caller is leaving for you and you can still answer the call before they hang up
- If your phone is off, not connected to the network, or you're on a call, incoming calls will go to your Lüm wireless voice mail
- When you tap the voice mail icon on your phone, you'll see 2 options:
- Carrier Voicemail - where you can listen to your SaskTel voice mail
- Others - where you can see your Live Voicemail transcripts