- A Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) is a physical card installed in a phone that contains the information needed to connect to the SaskTel network
- An embedded SIM (eSIM) is an industry-standard digital SIM that allows you to activate a wireless plan without using a physical SIM
- An eSIM provides all the same functionality as a physical SIM but is a digital version
- Dual SIM allows you to use 2 phone numbers on 1 device
- Both phone numbers can make and receive voice calls, text messages (SMS), and multimedia messages (MMS)
- This means you can have your personal and business phone numbers on one eSIM-compatible phone
- Only one phone number can be using the cellular network at a time
To access and manage your cellular settings on an iOS device with Dual SIM, you'll need to choose a phone number first.
Here are some additional links to follow for common steps to follow when using dual SIM's:
iOS - Using Dual SIM with an eSIM > Manage cellular settings
Samsung - How to use and manage dual SIM's
- Apple iPhone
- XS, XS Max, XR and newer
- SE (2nd generation) and newer
- Apple iPad:
- S21 Series and newer
- Z Fold 3, Z Flip 3 and newer
- Note 20
- Samsung Galaxy:
- S23 FE
- Pixel 8 and Pixel 8 Pro
Note: your phone will require specific directions on how to set up eSIM.
Start your Lüm Sign up journey here!