You can bring most Saskatchewan phone numbers to Lüm Mobile (if you're not sure, contact your old provider). Once you have your SIM card, follow the activation steps to bring it over.
A few things to know before porting your number over:
- Your number must be active with your previous provider to be brought over.
- We can only bring 306 and 639 numbers to Lüm Mobile
- If there's anything owing on your other account, the port-in won't work.
- If it's a landline that's tied to your security system or Internet provider, you'll want to call them before you bring your number.
During the port-in request, you'll be asked about your old account's:
- Address on file
- Phone number
- The type of number
- Current provider
- Details using one of the following:
Keep your old SIM in your phone to receive a text to approve the transfer.
For a list of possible errors, see Troubleshooting port-in error messages.
🚩 Wireless number transfers usually takes a few seconds, but can sometimes take up to 2 hours to get a response from your old provider. A home phone transfer can sometimes take up to 24 hours.