Here are a few possible error messages you may see when you're transferring your number to us.
Rejection reason: IMEI incorrect.
- We DON'T recommend using IMEI. There's a good chance the IMEI that your previous carrier has on file isn't correct. If you get this error, try using your account number instead.
- If you still want to use your IMEI, make sure to use only the first 15 digits and have no spaces in between the numbers. If it still says it's wrong, you'll need to use the account number.
Rejection reason: Due time is invalid.
- This is a cache error. The easiest way to fix this is to open an incognito browser or re-install the app to finish SIM activation.
Rejection reason: Port Out Authentication - Customer does not respond.
- Remember you have to keep your old provider's SIM in your phone until we tell you to insert ours. You need to respond to a text message from them to say yes to porting your number.
Rejection reason: Address incorrect.
- You may have moved and not updated your address with your old provider.
Rejection reason: Password/PIN incorrect.
- If you created a password on your account for verification, you can try using it here.
Rejection reason: Phone number not active.
- If you cancelled your service with your old provider or selected the wrong one, you will receive this error. To make sure you don't lose your number, you'll have to call your old provider and activate service before trying to port over.
Rejection reason: Number is not portable
- Your number is either not from Saskatchewan or you may still owe something with your old carrier. You'll have to contact your old provider to see why they're denying the request.
Rejection reason: Request cancelled.
- This can happen if the browser or app window is left open for too long and times out.